Posts Tagged ‘ace hardware’
DIY projects have become increasingly popular among people of all ages and skill levels. There’s nothing like the feeling you get after completing a task that you worked hard to finish. And not only are hands-on DIY activities fun, but they also provide added benefits for your mind, body, and even your wallet. Here are some benefits of DIY projects that may get you excited about tackling your next project all on your own.
Help Reduce Stress and Improve Your Mood
Being engaged in a DIY project can give you a sense of pleasure and satisfaction. Finishing a DIY project can help you feel accomplished and happy with your hard work and dedication, and leaves you with something you can be proud to show off. A 2016 study done by Occupational Therapy International showed that participants of the study who took part in creative activities, including DIY projects, felt a boost in mood and happiness.
Another benefit DIY projects can have on your mental health is that it helps reduce stress and anxiety. Focusing on a hands-on project can help you disengage from any life stressors you may be facing. Some even consider DIY projects to be “meditative”. This comes from the similarities people feel between hands-on projects and meditation such as deep concentration and heightened awareness.
Teaches You a New Skill
Diving right into a DIY project can provide you with an opportunity to learn a new skill and sharpen your mind. Because DIY projects require you to use your hands, you’ll be able to learn new techniques and methods to put something together. This could also help you with future projects and you can even teach others how to use those skills as well. And if you find that you really enjoyed the activity, you can turn it into a fun hobby or even sell your work.
Allows You to Spend More Time with Family
DIY projects are a great way to spend more time with your family. Kids will not only feel involved, but will also be learning new things as well. And having some helping hands could make the project go more smoothly, and will speed up the process to give you a finished product sooner than anticipated. Quite often families will form strong bonds while working on hands-on projects together that you can’t get from other activities.
Helps Save You Money
This benefit is fairly self-explanatory, but you’ll end up saving money by working on projects yourself as opposed to paying someone else to it. You’ll also be able to add personal touches that professionals wouldn’t normally include. Not only do you get to save money on labor by putting something together yourself, but you’ll also feel a sense of pride and accomplishment from doing it yourself.
Allows You to be More Active
Some DIY projects require some manual labor, but this can actually be a great form of exercise for some. It can be more fun than going to the gym, and you’ll be rewarded in the end with a finished product created all on your own. Imagine the sweat you’ll work up from ripping out the floors in your home or even repainting an entire room. And if you need to keep the exercise to a minimum, you can find more simple DIY projects to take part in.
Connect with the Experts at Louie’s ACE Hardware
There’s no better place to get DIY advice other than Louie’s Ace Hardware. Their team will not only help you find the right items to use for your project, but they can also provide you with insider tips and knowledge to help your project go more smoothly. Louie’s ACE Home Center has an extensive selection of hardware tools and equipment that are essential to any DIY project. Now that you know the benefits of DIY projects, see how Louie’s products and knowledgeable team will help benefit your next project. Connect with us today!
Being a homeowner is a job in itself. Homes require regular maintenance in order to properly function and provide the protection you need. Luckily, keeping a routine of regular maintenance can help ease the workload throughout the year. Here’s our helpful home maintenance checklist to help ensure you don’t miss a thing.
These are home improvements that can be done at any time of the year and should be done regularly to ensure they remain functioning properly. Be sure to check these things between every month and every few months.
- Check the furnace filter and replace if necessary. Replacing furnace filters that have dust build-up will help the furnace work more efficiently and improve heat and energy bills.
- Check to make sure that outdoor and indoor air vents are not blocked.
- Drain hot water from the water heater to flush out sediment build up.
- Grind up ice cubes in the garbage disposal, followed by hot water and baking soda to clean the garbage disposal.
- Test smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers. Replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when necessary.
- Inspect tub and sink drains for clogs. Unclog them if necessary.
- Vacuum lint from dryer vent.
Seasonal Fall Maintenance
Fall is a great time to take on general home maintenance projects because of the moderate temperatures and dry weather. Start your home maintenance checklist by first inspecting the interior and exterior of your home, then, get started. Here are some things you can do to help prepare your home for the colder weather:
- Remove leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts.
- Drain and insulate exterior plumbing before winter.
- Drain and store hoses along with in-ground sprinkler systems.
- Wrap insulation around outdoor faucets and pipes in unheated garages/basements.
- Rake leaves, aerate lawn, plant seeds. September and October are the best fall months to start growing new grass because it isn’t too hot or too cold out.
- Check masonry and mend cracks and gaps in the driveway and walkway.
- Check exterior door hardware and fix any squeaky handles or loose locks.
- Inspect roofing for missing, loose, or damaged shingles and for any leaks.
- Repair or replace exterior siding.
- Check fireplace for damage and clean the fireplace flues. Have a professional inspect your fireplace for hazards.
- Have a professional inspect heating systems.
- Vacuum refrigerator and freezer coils and empty and clean drip trays.Trim tree limbs. Damaged limbs, or limbs that are close to your home and could cause damage or is causing damage.
Seasonal Winter Maintenance
It’s important that you adequately prepare for the winter season. The last thing you want happening is a burst pipe or a heating unit that doesn’t work properly. Here’s a list of things you’ll want to check before the cold weather takes over:
- Cover your air conditioning unit.
- Protect your patio furniture by covering it or moving it to a covered space.
- Get a humidifier to improve your home’s air quality during the dry season.
- Reverse ceiling fans so that they circulate clockwise.
- Seal cracks and gaps in windows and doors with caulk or weather stripping.
- Check that air vents are not blocked.
- Stock up on salt and sand in case of severe weather and snow storms.
Seasonal Spring Maintenance
This is the perfect time to get your home back to looking its best. Hopefully by this time the weather has calmed down and you can get your home back in order. It’s time to welcome the warmer weather and prepare your home for the heat. Use this spring home maintenance checklist as a guide:
- Remove the cover you placed over your air conditioning unit and replace the filter.
- Again, you’ll want to check for any damaged, missing, or loose roof shingles and for leaks. The harsh winter weather can cause damage to the roof easily, so be sure to check this and have necessary repairs made promptly.
- Clean window and door screens.
- Remove insulation from outdoor faucets and exterior plumbing.
- Inspect sprinkler heads.
- Plant grass seed, fertilize and aerate your lawn. Spring is also a good time to get this done because the weather isn’t too hot or too cold.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts of debris and leaves.
- Polish wood furniture and dust light fixtures.
- Inspect your home’s windows and doors for caulking or weather stripping that may need to be replaced.
- Check air vents and make sure they are clear.
- Have a professional inspect the septic tank and perform any work that may be necessary.
- Check your chimney for damage.
Seasonal Summer Maintenance
You want to do as much maintenance as you can before summer really hits so you can make the most out of the hot weather and long days. Most of the necessary home improvement projects for the summer season can be done in the spring. Here’s some things you can tackle in the summer:
- Oil door hinges including garage door opener and chain.
- Clean your kitchen’s exhaust fan filter.
- Prune trees and shrubs.
- Replace faucet and shower heads for the interior and exterior if necessary.
- Check around the kitchen and bathrooms for any leaks.
- Seal tile grout.
- Protect your home against bugs and other pests.
Connect With Louie’s ACE Hardware
Louie’s Ace Hardware has all the tools you’ll need to complete any home improvement project you want to tackle. Our highly knowledgeable staff are happy to help you find the best tool to use in your DIY project, and can help guide you in the right direction to a successful home improvement job. Connect with us today, or view our products list!
When you’re searching the aisles for the best product to use for your upcoming project, it’s good to see a familiar brand in Nevada hardware. One that you already know and trust. When you’re looking for a drill that is durable and built to last, you’ll probably look at a Craftsmen or a Black and Decker. And if you want the best wood fire grill you’ll most likely head straight for the Traegers. At Louie’s, we’re happy to share with you the quality national brands that you know and trust.
Best Nevada Hardware Products to Use This Summer
Toro creates high-performance landscaping equipment ideal for homeowners. At Louie’s Home Center, we carry various Toro lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and string trimmers that are perfect for maintaining your lawn and garden this summer. Summer is the perfect time to get your yard looking its best, and to get there you should use the best products to care for it.
One of the most popular brands of lawn food, soil, and weed control is Scotts. You’ve probably seen the name placed inside the green oval on their packaging in stores, and Louie’s is proud to be one of them. If you’re looking for a green and luscious looking lawn this summer, give Scotts brand products a try.
If you want a cooler that can handle trekking through your summer adventures with you, then a Yeti cooler will be your go-to. Not only does this brand carry high-quality hard and soft coolers, they also make stainless steel, insulated thermoses, mugs and tumblers. You can depend on the durability of Yeti products, and you can pick up one of these coolers or tumblers right here at Louie’s.
This is another brand that puts out high caliber products that you can count on. Stihl creates outdoor power equipment that will last throughout the seasons. At Louie’s, we offer battery operated Stihl products that will not only keep your yard in tip top shape, but these battery powered items are more sustainable and environmentally friendly. From chainsaws to hedge trimmers, Stihl carries a wide variety of outdoor tools which will come in handy for the summer season.
Craftsman is a well known brand of hand and power tools. When you’re looking for something reliable and durable, you may want to consider using a Craftsman tool. They have a wide variety of screwdrivers, hammers, saws, drills, and so much more. And you can now find Craftsman tools at Louie’s Ace Hardware.
Get These Products Here, at Louie’s Ace Home Center
At Louie’s, we strive to provide our customers with the best hardware products and hardware rentals available. Whether it be for purchase or rent through ACE hardware rentals, our friendly employees are experts at finding the best brand for you. Whether you’re concerned about your budget or have a specific product in mind, we can help you decide. Connect with Louie’s Ace Home Center or view our products and hardware rentals today!
At Louie’s ACE Home Center, we do more than just supply you with all of your hardware needs, we also provide ACE Hardware party rentals for special events. Are you planning a party and want to liven it up with a bounce house or cotton candy machine? Well, let us help you with that. We make the process easy and painless, allowing you to enjoy your special event!
You may know that Louie’s provides several types of ACE Hardware rentals in their store, but did you know about their party rentals? Elevate your special event with any of these items provided by ACE Hardware:
Party tents are perfect for big outdoor events that could use a little extra coverage. Don’t let your party guests sit outside in the hot sun while they fight off bugs and wind, give them some protection. A tent can be a nice area for guests to escape the sun, cool down for a bit, or just get away from the party commotion.
Planning a party for your little one? Or just want to plan a nonconventional adult party? Don’t miss out on the chance to enhance the fun with a bounce house! The addition of a bounce house will give any party the extra pizzaz it needs to make your special event stand out from the rest.
Cotton Candy Machines
Cotton candy is a kid classic, and even some adults can’t contain their sweet tooth when this treat comes around. Make your party unique with freshly made cotton candy right at your fingertips.
Tables and Chairs
Are you low on seating for your guests? Don’t make them stand, just call Louie’s Home Center. We have tables and chairs available for rent so all of your guests can feel comfortable.
Why Choose Louie’s ACE Hardware For Your Party Rental Needs
Louie’s ACE Hardware Home Center has always been there for you when you needed to make a home repair or had a question about which gardening tools are best. Not only do we provide ACE Hardware rentals but let us help you with your party planning too with ACE Hardware party rentals! We are open Monday through Sunday from 7 am to 7 pm, meaning you have access to party rentals 7 days a week! And don’t feel stressed about having to pick up equipment and set it up alone because ACE has that covered too. You can either pick up in store or schedule delivery and set up at your desired location. Call and ask about our competitive pricing which includes all sales tax and has no additional fees. If you’re looking to enhance your special event, give Louie’s ACE Hardware Home Center a call at 775.423.7008!